Sep 26, 2011

A fun weekend all round

I don’t know about your weekend, but mine was just far too short. Other than a minor hiccup on Saturday afternoon (Wayne and I were both grumpy… He was suffering from cigarette withdrawl symptoms and I was suffering from stomach ache, so I went home and left both of us to our own miseries) we had a lovely weekend.

Saturday
Cupcake Day! Mom and I went to a cupcake decorating course out in Everton. Fun was had by all! We decorated 6 cupcakes each. Zolita and her mom, Zola, showed us various techniques from mixing icing to creating grass. She also gave us cupcake embellishments which she had already made up. Those were made of plastic (sugar-paste) icing and are actually relatively easy to put together by the looks of it. As soon as mom has a decent mixer again I’ll be baking. Watch this space for my own designs.

I’ll be organizing a mixer for my mom for Christmas. Going to buy her a Kenwood Chef and hopefully not put myself in debt until the cows come home because of it, but we shall see.

After the course I headed over to (a very grumpy) Wayne’s place. Shame, the poor bean seems to have acquired back ache. He called me later in the evening to find out what pills he must get from the chemist, sounding like he was on the verge of tears, so my irritation levels dropped instantly. After rattling off a list, he popped to the chemist and then came over for dinner, took his meds and went home. Poor thing. He needs to go to the chiropractor and get run over with her steam roller.

Sunday
A very late start to the day and well, to be perfectly honest I woke up and put on a video game and well… that was me for the morning. I arrived at Wayne’s place at about midday and we popped to Galleria for a round of glow-in-the-dark putt-putt. That was fun! Look, we both suck, but I did manage to kick his bum at it, so my competitive side was stoked. We really should do it again, but in a big group with friends.

We spent a fair amount of time wandering around Galleria, after which Wayne did some grocery shopping; topping up on the basics.

And that was my weekend. Not a bad one all round actually.

My Cupcake Creations!

My box of cuppie-cakes!

The bug (aka Mom) making her garden :)

Sheepish Sheep


Pretty pink flowers :)

In the garden!


The bling swirl

Mr Ted-E-Lion!

Bug putting eyes on her "dog"

The ginger

These are mom's cupcakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)