Mar 17, 2010

I really shouldn’t post on this thing when I’m feeling like this.

Today has been a disappointing day all round. Estate agents are coming to look at our flat tomorrow. The owner is selling, which means that we’re going to end up moving. Sadly we can’t afford to buy it ourselves.

I had a meeting with Darren this afternoon, which was postponed. I actually feel sick from the anticipation of that meeting and the disappointment of it not happening. My stomach feels like it’s turning over itself and no amount of Rescue drops seems to be helping. Noelle said (and let me assure you that this is not a comforting thought) that it takes half the amount of time to get over someone that you spent going out with them. That translates to 2.5 months of feeling like this... This. Yuck.

Coffee with Noelle last night was enjoyable. It’s always good to catch up with her, although it ended up being an earlier night than I had expected. I just shut down. Well, my brain shut down and I literally ran out of things to say. I suppose I’m not the witty, communicative, intelligent individual that I like to believe I am... or at least, not when it matters.

Her solution to the whole relationship thing seems to be, in order to get over one you need to replace it with another. I just don’t know if I can do that. The thought of dating someone else is making me more ill. Darren is perfection in every way. How do you replace that? Gosh... it’s actually a very frightening thought.

Anyways, before I end up in another set of melodramatic tears let me change the subject.

Movies! Monday is both a public holiday and movie day with mom. We’re going to watch Alice in Wonderland. Noelle didn’t rate it very highly, but then some people loved it and some people hated it. I suppose it all depends on how well you know the books and how much of a Lewis Carroll fan you are. I’ve never actually read the entire Alice in Wonderland book, which I suppose I’ll correct at some point. This means, however, that my expectations are minimal and inevitably I will end up enjoying the movie.

Watch the Alice in Wonderland trailer

Saturday is hair cut day! I’ll post photos... Hopefully it won’t look horrendous!

In other news, I’m loving the this season of So You Think You Can Dance.

From Wikipedia:
So You Think You Can Dance is an American dance competition and reality show that airs on Fox in the United States.


The series first premiered on July 20, 2005 and has a similar premise to the American Idol series of singing competitions, with nationwide auditions leading to the discovery of the next big star. The show was created by Idol's Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and is produced by 19 Entertainment and Dick Clark Productions. A mixture of contestants are chosen for the show, ranging from unknown street dancers to winners of national championships. All contestants have to work their way through a rigorous audition process. By the end of this process, 20 dancers of various styles are chosen to compete on national television. Over the course of the show, dancers are assigned different dance styles and partners each week to test their versatility.

It’s really my favourite thing to watch on TV these days.

Oh well, I suppose that's me for now.
Enjoy the evening all, I'm off to dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)