Apr 8, 2010

The good, the bad and the sad...

This has been a long and tedious day. I’m feeling alone today, very alone.

Donna’s car was stolen right outside of our office. The security guard was somewhere up the street, chatting to a mate, so of course he didn’t see anything. Two weeks ago Faith’s car radio was stolen out of her car. Granted, she was really stupid for leaving the radio face in, but still… where was the security guard? This is concerning, especially for someone like me who does, more often than not, work late. This is also concerning because I love my car… I work hard to pay for it, and I don’t want it getting wrecked or stolen because of a lack of interest on the security guard’s side. I’m angry with the security guard and angry at the fact that I have to worry about my car now when I go into the office.

On top of that, I’m disappointed in Chris. Although, I don’t know why, because I have known Chris for a very long time and this is very much Chris’ style… catch & release. He’s ignored me for two days. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not putting myself in his face, but if I send you an sms (I have only sent him one in two days) I expect some form of reply. And if you say that you’re going to reply to an email, then do so. *sigh* I’m probably feeling a lot worse about this than I would normally feel, but this week has been a hard one, and actually I needed a little bit of love this week… which of course isn’t going to happen. This has turned into a pity party, hasn’t it?

Moving on…

I’ve got some good things coming up that I need to look forward to.
It’s Emma’s birthday party in the Midlands on the 24th of this month. Tomorrow night is the concert at Lords. Maxine and I are doing the girl thing on Saturday and I got my invite today to Pat and Ros’ wedding in August. Actually, I think the invite has only added to my misery today… it’s a reminder of how empty my life is. It doesn’t matter how many things you try to shove into your life, doesn’t matter how busy you are, nothing can fill the gaping hole in your heart that a broken love has left behind. Don’t get me wrong though, I am unimaginably happy for Pat & Ros. They love each other so much, and no two people are more suited for each other. I think it’s wonderful that they’re getting married and I can’t wait to celebrate that day with them… celebrate them and the beginning of a new life together.

It’s been a running backwards week this week. I need to find a happy place, and soon or I’m going to drown in my misery and make everyone else around me miserable too.

Deep breaths Ash… It’s almost the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)