Jun 28, 2010

Coconut Chicken

I love all things Chicken. It's possibly my favourite meat, and certainly a very versatile one.
What's For Dinner features some amazing chicken recipes and this is one of my favourites from that website:


Ingredients:
  • 8 chicken pieces
  • 15ml oil
  • 1 sachet Knorr Fresh Ideas Chicken Pepper Pan
  • 6 cloves
  • 30ml tomato sauce
  • Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
  • 2 red onions, sliced
  • 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
  • 2ml garlic
  • 3 Robertsons bay leaves
  • 15ml curry powder
(Note that the recipe includes 3ml of fresh ginger and trimmed green beans. I don't really think that the ginger is necessary and I dislike cooked green beans, so I leave those two ingredients out).
 
Method:
  1. Brown chicken pieces in oil and add onions
  2. Fry for a few minutes
  3. Add remaining ingredients except fresh green beans and simmer for 30-40 minutes until cooked
  4. Serve with jasmine rice and sprinkle with fresh coriander

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)