Jun 25, 2010

Lampwork Beads

Hi Fluffy!

I have to tell you, I'm so excited! This year is turning out to be a bit of an adventure! I've got Pat's wedding down the coast, the first week in August. Jay and I are going to the Midlands in September (all booked), and I'm going to start making lampwork (glass) beads... Or at least, I'm going to go for lessons and see how I go.

It's something that I've always wanted to do, so I hope I do ok with the lesson. Through a series of website searches I eventually ended up emailing a guy at a company called Glass and Fire in PTA. Johan (the guy from G&F) said that the only person he knows of in KZN that may offer lessons is a woman called Barbara who lives in PMB. Anyways, I contact Barbara, and she said that she's overseas at the moment, but when she gets back we can do lessons. They're not cheap (R120/h), but I that's ok... Nothing worthwhile in life was ever easy or came cheap. The first lesson is a two hour introductory lesson, and then she said that after that I can decide if I want to carry on with it or not. I've decided that I'm going to make and sell both the beads and beaded jewellery. If not, why not?

Check out some of the images below that I found on the web for inspiration:


 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)