Jun 28, 2010

The Once and Future King, by T.H. White

I’m reading The Once and Future King by T.H. White and it’s, honestly, one of the best books I’ve ever read. It’s basically a collection of books (5 in total) written by T.H. White on the life of King Arthur of Camelot.

The books that make up this fantastic book are:

The Sword in the Stone
The Queen of Air and Darkness
The Ill-Made Knight
The Candle in the Wind
The Book of Merlyn

At the moment I’m still on the first book, The Sword in the Stone, and I have to say Fluff, the Disney story doesn’t come close to the book. That actually surprised me, because the old Disney films were quite different to the Disney films of today. They were rich and full of blood and guts (if you don’t believe me, watch Snow White). Did you know that in the Sword in the Stone you actually get to meet Robin Hood (whom they say is actually called Robin Wood)? When I’ve read all the books I’ll give you a bit more of a review, but I have to say Fluffy, that if you feel like reading a good book at some point in the near future, this is one to get :)

Missing you as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)