Jun 28, 2010

Quick life catch up

In an attempt to not turn my blog into a “Dear Fluffy” I’m going to say start off by saying “hi everyone

Where to begin…

Well, life is good. A tad busy, but good. As I mentioned in a previous post, my weekend away with Jay is booked. I have this feeling in my stomach when I think about this weekend away. I guess you could call it anxiety, or maybe excitement, or probably a mixture of both. I have all these questions going around in my head, the scariest of which is “will he like me?” Seems a bit of a silly question because we get on so well, but it’s always there in the back of my mind… Will he like me? When I stop thinking about that question and start focusing on the actual weekend, I find myself smiling quite a lot. It’s going to be great to get away, and it will give Jay and I time to actually get to know one another face-to-face. After all, there is only so much you can learn about a person via sms or phone calls. I just don't want anything to go wrong this weekend away... He's such a great guy that sometimes I wonder if I'm dreaming rather than receiving the sms's and phone calls from him. AND he has such a nice voice on the phone…

Well, that’s the one aspect of my life. The other is that I’m a sucker for punishment. I distinctly recall telling myself at the beginning of the year that I wasn’t going to shoot any more weddings. Well, Pat talked me into shooting his wedding. I feel sick from stress when I think about it. It’s not even shooting the wedding so much as it is the editing part afterwards. Actually, who am I kidding, the shooting part is also stressing me out. I need to check and see what time this thing is being held, and make plans from there. I’m just sad that I’m not going to be at my friend’s wedding and just enjoy it. *bang head on desk* Ag well, I guess that’s just the way it is.

On the home front, all is well. Mom is doing ok, grandpa is still invading… SSDD.
Mom has bought two decoders now, so that I can watch a different channel of DSTV in my room to the one that is showing in the lounge. Since grandpa got back from his holiday in Canada I think I’ve watched a total of 5 hours of TV. I just hate the programmes that he watches, so I end up beading or playing PS2 games. I suppose I can thank him, because I’ve leveled up my characters up quite a lot and am almost finished my game. Still… the whole space invasion is getting to me somewhat. The only real solution is for me to move into a place on my own, which is looking more and more likely as the months go on, but I’m still thinking about it. I can’t afford to move at this point, but perhaps in the new year? It will certainly make life easier if Jay and I do end up becoming some form of couple (I know I’m jumping the gun somewhat, but I’m just saying that at least we wouldn’t have to go away every time he came to visit).

I’ve moved into my own office space. It’s still open-plan, because there is a hole in the wall between my current office and my old office which I shared with Katia. I have to say though, as nice as it is… I feel… I dunno… Disconnected? Ag, well, I’m sure I’ll get over that feeling eventually.

Work is insanely busy, but my brain is sore from looking at the manual that I’m working on… hence the break and the post.

As you saw below, I’m going to take up glass bead making… eventually. When I am more into that I will post more about it.

I was going through some of my old posts and I actually don’t believe that I ever thought that Chris was relationship material. He’s such a chop. Did I ever tell you that the day that he stood me up for dinner, was actually the day that he left and moved to CT. He didn’t tell me! I found out via Facebook that he had moved. Ya know… that guy… *shakes head*… Good luck to the poor woman that ever ends up with him. She is going to need it.

Anyways, I best get on with my day.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)