May 11, 2010

Tuesday Ramblings...

I don’t know about you, but this has been a loooong week, and it’s only Tuesday! Ok, well... the weekend was nice. Saturday was the Feria as you know, and the weekend was nice although we didn’t do very much. On Sunday I took mom and grandpa to Illovo Nursery for tea and scones. Well, grandpa had a choc-fudge sundae and mom and I had scones. After tea we went shopping at PnP in Winkle. We bought a pack of oxtail, which I put on to cook when we got home. Actually, I was plagued by the most epic headache all of Sunday, so I took meds, put the meat on and then slept for two hours until 5. Then got up, added carrots and chunks of baby marrow and went back to bed for another hour until dinner was ready. The oxtail stew was awesome though. It’s not often that I cook something as epically delicious as that these days.

This week has been completely batty. I’m trying to get 20 things done, but only seem to be getting around 85% of them done. I think I’m just trying to do too many things at once and so am accomplishing nothing... I need to make a list and get through it one item at a time.

I’ve completely lost the ability to function in the evenings. I get home, have dinner and end up mindlessly hacking away at monsters in FF XII whilst smsing Jayson. I wish he lived closer to me. He’s just such a nice guy, and he’s my age... AND I told him that if he wants to be a bachelor for the rest of his life he must go away and leave me alone, because I’m tired of going out with men who have no interest in sticking around for the marriage part. To my complete surprise, he’s stuck around... Granted, it is easier to stick around because he’s a million miles away (ok, small exaggeration), but still... he stuck around. I’ll keep you updated as we go along.

Work is crazy, as always... but I’m still enjoying it, even though I’m struggling to get through the things that I need to on a day to day basis. Two of the girls in my office have resigned. One is going overseas and I’m not sure what the other one is going to do, but this means that life could get even busier for me. I don’t know yet though, and am not going to worry about it until it happens.

I have to have a bit of a moan about the traffic in the mornings though... It’s getting worse by the day! The other day it literally took me an hour and a half to get to work! From TOTI! For crying in a bucket... I’ve given up going via Spaghetti Junction and am now heading to Springfield park and coming up the back way. It just seemed to work out easier this morning and I managed to get to work on time.

That’s all I have time for right now I’m afraid.
I did find this article on BizCommunity... It made me giggle. It’s horribly wrong to giggle, but still... it is a funny typo.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)