Aug 29, 2011

Nice weekend. Strange weekend, but a nice one nonetheless :)
Another weekend has come and gone. I am of the belief that we should have 3 day weekends and 4 day weeks. That would make my heart very happy.

Not too much to report. Robyn managed to run over herself with her car. Poor thing. She’s a bit of a disaster child. Fortunately nothing’s broken, just a few nasty scratches and bruises. I met Wayne’s dad. Sweet old man. Lots of energy for someone in their 70’s. Cooked breakfast for his family on Wayne’s very stubborn stove. Damn thing just doesn’t get piping hot and as a result everything ends up steaming, which isn’t the end of the world, but when you’re feeding 5 hungry people it can be. Anyways… we eventually ended up with “brunch”. Wayne’s brother bought him a puffer fish for his fish tank.
I would imagine that he looks like this when he’s all puffed up (sans the spikes, obviously):



Wayne and I went to tea at Illovo Nursery on Sunday, in the afternoon. The cake we had was so rich, but so lovely.

And that’s it really. Not much to report.

I’ve decided that I’m going to try take up cake decorating. We shall see how the cupcake decorating course goes on the 24th of September. If it goes well, I may get a book or two, a couple of tools and dabble. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)