Jul 4, 2010

Sunday Busy Sunday…

It’s been another busy day and another busy weekend all-round. I went down the South Coast today with Pat and Ros to check out Cracker Bay and talk about the wedding photos. I have to say, I’m not any more confident about the photography than I was when I got into the car. It’s going to be an interesting one hey, but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m just going to have to go with the flow and wing it on the day.

It’s a nice venue, although the furniture in the B&B is a little… er… eclectic. They seem to have collected items from every era of the past century and kinda mixed and (not really all that successfully) matched pieces to get a kind of hotelly (Ya, I know it’s not a word) environment. That said, I think that their wedding is going to be lovely.

On the way to Cracker Bay we stopped for lunch at a place called Jaxx. Actually, Jaxx was a little further on from Cracker Bay, but still close. Lunch was awesome, and if you ever find yourself driving down the coast be sure to stop there. Ros had the line fish, Pat had prawns and I had the Camembert Chicken. Gosh it was delicious. Cooked perfectly and served with just the right amount of perfectly cooked vegetables and chips (French fries).






After a long, but good day, I got home and quickly popped to the shops with mom to buy a few more mushrooms and parmesan cheese. I made mushroom risotto for supper. It’s the first time that I’ve made risotto and feel that I had got it right. Normally my risottos end up being gloopy, blobby messes of grossness, but today I just seemed to get the combination of everything right and it was creamy and delicious.





And that, as they say, is that.
Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)