Category: Easy / Kid-friendly
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus overnight to chill
2 x 250 g tubs mascarpone
1 cup fresh cream
1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
2 Madeira loaf cakes
1 cup strong black coffee
1/3 cup Kahlua
100 g organic dark chocolate, grated
cocoa powder, to dust
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mascarpone, cream and vanilla seeds until combined.
- Cut the Madeira cakes into slices and dip each slice into the coffee.
- Arrange the slices to cover the bottom and sides of your serving dish.
- Drizzle over the Kahlua and any remaining coffee.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture over the cake slices and scatter over the chocolate.
- Dust generously with cocoa powder and chill overnight.