Serves: Makes 6 muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
175 g stoneground wholemeal flour
½ cup organic rolled oats
2 t baking powder
¼ t salt
100 g organic Cheddar, grated
120 g organic pumpkin, cooked and seasoned
4 organic eggs
½ cup organic olive oil, plus extra for greasing
freshly ground black pepper
60 g organic feta, cut into large cubes
3-4 T grated Parmesan
a few sprigs rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and oats with the baking powder and salt. Mix in the Cheddar.
- Blend the pumpkin with the eggs and olive oil and add to the bowl, mixing well with a fork. Add a twist or two of pepper.
- Brush 6 extralarge muffin pans with oil, then spoon in the muffin mixture and bury a cube of feta in each one.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and tuck a sprig of rosemary into each. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and baked through.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before turning out. Serve warm, while the feta is still molten and gooey.