Jul 7, 2011

Woolies... sneakily awesome...

They did it to us when they rebranded and they've done it to us again! Have you SEEN the new (and yes, definitely improved) Woolworths SA website?

In true Woolworths fashion, the website is beautiful. Simple, elegant, clever and once again filled with beautiful photographs.

What I find exceptionally clever with their new online shop style website is how the "click here to start shopping button" takes you directly to the Grocery Cupboard section of the site. The focus of the site has moved away from clothing and is hitting groceries in a big way. The product images are big and colourful so you know exactly what you're ordering. I'm really impressed. I know, I know... I am a regular Woolies shopper, so it doesn't take much for them to impress me, but I also know a good, intelligent website when I see one and a lot of thought, time and I'm sure cost went into producing their new website.

The only thing I think that needs a change is that they need to get all of their product images on to the site, but otherwise 10/10 Woolies :) Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave me a note :)